Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

208.365

July 27, 2011
As I'm reading the words of King Solomon in the book of Ecclesiates this week, I'm finding the main theme of this man, who was "the wisest man who ever lived," is to simply do what you love to do while you're on earth, since life passes away so quickly.  In pondering this today, I felt my gut wrench with, "What am I doing here?!"  Surely working a job to pay off bills and debt isn't it?  One little step I made back in 2008 to make a drop in the ocean was to sponsor a child with Compassion International.  If you're feeling the urge to make a difference somehow, in someone's life, go to their website, www.compassion.com and sponsor a child for $38 a month, or help sponsor a Child Survival Center for $20 a month.  Ah, I'm thinking about this because I went to the grocery store tonight because I had "nothing" to eat.  I spent $50 on food for myself and cried as I ate it, with the realization of how blessed I truly am to have a full stomach as I go to bed tonight.  These things we take for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment