Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

122.365

May 2, 2011
*Spoiler Alert* I full realize this photo looks a little gross.  However, I have to share this unique recipe for those of you who might try to make some of the things I post.  This recipe for Asparagus and Rhubarb (yes) came from the Northwest Vegetarian Cookbook.  The recipe calls for fresh mushrooms, but since I don't have any and don't like them, they're not included in my photo.
Here's how you make it:
Saute fresh asparagus (and mushrooms) in butter and olive oil (I used almond oil) for a couple minutes.  Add about 2 cups chopped rhubarb and simmer for a few minutes (I covered it).  The rhubarb will add a bunch of water, so it won't burn.  Add some salt and pepper, and about 2 Tbsp. honey, stir; remove from heat, and let sit for about 5 min.
Also in my meal was the basic ingredients/recipe for Gallo Pinto (see April 12) except with white beans, and baked salmon patty with honey, soy sauce, s & p, and garlic salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment